[gmx-users] strange lincs warning with version 4.6

Thomas Piggot t.piggot at soton.ac.uk
Tue Dec 4 18:48:26 CET 2012

Hi Mark,

I am not so sure regarding your point about a 2 fs timestep and
constraints = hbonds. Typical bond vibration between heavy atoms has
roughly a 20 fs period (see table I of the Feenstra et al. paper you
mentioned previously), so a timestep of 2 fs should be fine with
constraints = hbonds. As to whether this is more appropriate than
constraining all bonds is a different matter, but I do not believe the
simulations should have problems because of this setting.

Cheers

Tom

Dr Thomas Piggot
University of Southampton, UK.