[gmx-users] Asymmetry in homo dimer simulation

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Dec 5 17:16:05 CET 2012

On 12/5/12 11:13 AM, Kavyashree M wrote:
> Sir,
>
> Thank you for the reply. Total simulated time is 50ns.
> first 4ns is left and only 4-50ns were considered for
> rmsf calculations. T1 is 300K and T2 is 363K the protein
> being simulated is from Ecoli (mesophilic).

I would suggest you compare different, overlapping blocks of time as a further
assessment of convergence.  What motivated the choice of the 4-50 ns time frame?
  Simple RMSD stability?  While that may be one way to assess convergence, it is
not necessarily definitive.  If you analyze your RMSF results over different
times, i.e. 4-50, 10-50, 20-50, etc, how do they compare?

> As you have mentioned I do not have replicates of simulations
> hence only one 50ns simulation per temperature.

I would encourage you to run more simulations.  One trajectory is not definitive.

-Justin

Research Scientist
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080