[gmx-users] GROMACS 4.6-beta2 released

Yorquant Wang wangykoo at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 03:42:03 CET 2012

Hi Mark:
    There is a new instruction set architecture (*Advanced Vector Extensions
* (AVX)) that can make float calculation in Intel CPU faster two times
compared with the old instruction set. I want to know if the Gromacs
developers have a plan to make GMX support AVX. if the GMX can support GMX,
I think maybe two times speed-up in GMX will be gotten immediately.

  Best

Yukun Wang
PhD candidate
Institute of Natural Sciences && College of Life Science, Shanghai Jiao
Tong University
Cell phone: 13621806236.
China Shanghai