[gmx-users] GROMACS 4.6-beta2 released

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 09:33:47 CET 2012

Speed-up depends what you measure against, what precision GROMACS is using,
and what your AVX hardware is. There is no single number worth mentioning.
GROMACS has different AVX kernels for single vs double, and Intel Sandy
Bridge / Ivy Bridge vs AMD's Opteron / Bulldozer. I haven't seen any
numbers because the author of the kernels hasn't produced them yet, but
they will be considerably faster than anything you might compare them with.

Mark