[gmx-users] area per lipid

Peter C. Lai pcl at uab.edu
Sat Dec 8 09:05:53 CET 2012

Not if you aren't going to run those. I assume nvt.mdp and npt.mdp are
restrained runs to remove/dampen clashes and prevent crashes but if you are
already running a full md simulation then you don't need to redo those steps.

Also, I don't use DispCorr for C36 lipids (some debates about that can be
found on the gromacs mailing list in the past). Setting the constraints to
hbonds and using a TIPS3P water model can also help get POPC APL closer
to experiment, especially if the starting configuration was highly ordered.