[gmx-users] GPU compatibility

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 09:23:23 CET 2012

Correct, C1060 does not have the CUDA 2.0 compute capability required for
GROMACS 4.6. We will not have the ability to support GPU cards of lower
capability in the future. Unfortunately, your only GROMACS options are
probably to use the OpenMM functionality in 4.5.x (which is still present
in 4.6, works as far as we know, but is not in our regular test suite and
the feature is probably headed for deprecation). This will not perform as
well as the new native GPU acceleration, and supports a smaller range of
features, but might be better than wasting the GPUs.

Regards,

Mark