[gmx-users] What is the purpose of the [ pairs ] section?

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 11:51:13 CET 2012

Indeed, thanks Javier.

These kinds of features are a bit awkward to document because there are
lots of conditions under which various forms of interaction generation are
used - primarily varying with the forcefield. Different force fields
motivate various capabilities of pdb2gmx and it's not fully appropriate to
describe the capabilities without reference to any force fields, nor to
describe only the capabilities relevant to each force field in turn.

AFAIK section 5.7.1 of the manual has the required information, but some of
it is buried in the explanation of the worked example. Also, do check out
the 4.6-beta1 manual http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Manual, because
the tables in 5.7.1 now have cross references to sections (such as 5.3.4)
to help find the necessary information.

If there's something really missing, do let me know (e.g. via
http://redmine.gromacs.org/projects/documentation).

Mark