[gmx-users] Error with MARTINI depending by the box size

francesco oteri francesco.oteri at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 23:15:43 CET 2012

Actually, since I copied and pasted the mail, there is an imprecision. When
I use 20nm as box side lenght I don't get
any error, everything goes fine.

I actually tested different size between 19 and 20 nm and I found that the
minimum size to avoid the error is 19.5nm.
My system has an average size and, as stated by vmd, it size are
X = 8.851199722290039 Y= 8.751200151443481 Z=9.385200214385986
So a box of 20nm, as well as 19nm, is large enough to accomodate the
protein.

Moreover, since I remove the water around the protein (that is already
stabie because of the in vacuo minimization), the problem has to be in the
bulk water!

Francesco

--
Cordiali saluti, Dr.Oteri Francesco