[gmx-users] Atom index (13154) in position_restraints out of bounds

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 14:33:45 CET 2012

No. Bonded interactions (such as distance restraints) can only be defined
between atoms present in the same [moleculetype]. OTOH a [moleculetype]
doesn't care whether any bonded interactions exist between its atoms or
not, so as long as you obey the constraint that the atom ordering implied
by your [molecules] ordering and ordering of [atoms] within [moleculetypes]
must match that of the coordinate file given to grompp, you're fine. Atom
numbering in the coordinate file to grompp is not important (but you get
told if there's mismatches, IIRC).

Mark