[gmx-users] GPU warnings

Mirco Wahab mirco.wahab at chemie.tu-freiberg.de
Tue Dec 11 18:49:23 CET 2012

Am 11.12.2012 16:04, schrieb Szilárd Páll:
> It looks like some gcc 4.7-s don't work with CUDA, although I've been using
> various Ubuntu/Linaro versions, most recently 4.7.2 and had no
> issues whatsoever. Some people seem to have bumped into the same problem
> (see http://goo.gl/1onBz or http://goo.gl/JEnuk) and the suggested fix is
> to put
> #undef _GLIBCXX_ATOMIC_BUILTINS
> #undef _GLIBCXX_USE_INT128
> in a header and pre-include it for nvcc by calling it like this:
> nvcc --pre-include undef_atomics_int128.h

The same problem occurs in SuSE 12.2/x64 with it's default 4.7.2
(20120920).

Another possible fix on SuSE 12.2: install the (older) gcc repository
from 12.1/x64 (with lower priority), install the gcc/g++ 4.6 from there
as an alternative compiler and select the "active gcc" through the
"update-alternatives --config gcc" mechanism. This works very well.

Regards

M.