[gmx-users] Re: Poteintial energy of my system

Shima Arasteh shima_arasteh2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 12 14:14:50 CET 2012

I write the exact commands up to grompp here, not to miss anything;
1. pdb2gmx -f dimer-rotated.pdb -o dimer-processed.pdb -ter -water tip3p
2. grompp -f minim.mdp -c md-popc.gro -p topol_popc.top -o em.tpr
3. trjconv -s em.tpr -f md-popc.gro -o popc-whole.gro -pbc mol -ur compact
4. editconf -f dimer-processed.pdb -o dimer-newbox.pdb -c -box 8.78486   8.51308  12.40746
5. editconf -f dimer-newbox.pdb -o dimer-newbox.gro
6. cat dimer-newbox.gro popc-whole.gro > system.gro
7. genrestr -f dimer-newbox.gro -o strong_posre.itp -fc 100000 100000 100000
8. perl inflategro.pl system.gro 6 POPC 14 system_inflated.gro 5 area.dat
9. grompp -f minim.mdp -c system_inflated.gro -p topol.top -o em.tpr
10. mdrun -deffnm em

The positive potential I have got here, is before the "solvate with water step". I don't have sol molecules in my .top file, however I see sol molecules in system.gro . I visualized system_inflated.gro , I don't see any water molecules.
Now, I'm confused if this potential energy of a system with sol molecules or these are just droplets as you said?

Sincerely,
Shima