[gmx-users] gromacs 4.6 on NVIDIA K10

Szilárd Páll szilard.pall at cbr.su.se
Fri Dec 14 18:45:11 CET 2012

Hi,

The fact that GPUs are detected at configure-time does not imply that these
GPUs will also work fine at run-time and you see this in action in your
case. The current CMake configure script only looks at whether there is any
NVIDIA GPU device connected, but does not check other conditions that might
prevent a CUDA application to work, like: badly configured or broken GPU
driver or incompatible driver and CUDA toolkit.

In your case, as the second line of the error message states, no GPUs were
detected by the CUDA runtime itself (this message is returned by libcudart).

Please check your CUDA/driver installation, I'm pretty cure there is
something wrong with it. You can try to first run the "nvidia-smi" GPU
monitoring tool to see whether this can detect any device at all.

Cheers,
--
Szilárd