[gmx-users] Parametrisation of the cyclic nucleotides in Gromos force fields

James Starlight jmsstarlight at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 06:52:07 CET 2012

Justin,

It's not quite understood for me why such errors occurs in the atoms
of standard residues when I've bounded them to the C term of my
chromophore if the geometry of the adjacent residues might not be
changed. So it likely that some errors occur during parametrization of
the molecule which I could not identify ( In any case I'll be very
thankful for anyone who can provideme with some other version of the
integrated chromophore in charm for my future effort-on-errors :)
The main problems which I've forced in the improper group definition (
I've not recognize in the paper of simulation in charmm22 what groups
should define as improper although Swiss param produce the big set of
such groups- see below )

In addition It'll be very hardly to connect chromophore with adjacent
residues mainly due to definition of the addition dihedrals.

Finally Im not quite sure about CMAP definition ( I've used
C NH1 CT1 C NH1 1 24 24\
C NH1 CT1 C N 1 24 24\
in the CMAP.itp with the atom names of chromophore

C NH1 CT1 C NC=O 1 24 24\
C NC=O CR C=O N=C 1 24 24\
C=C C=O NC=O CR C=O 1 24 24\
C=O NH1 CT1 C NH1 1 24 24\

where NC=O and N=C types correspond to  the N and CR is the C-alpha atoms

James