[gmx-users] GPU running problem with GMX-4.6 beta2

Szilárd Páll szilard.pall at cbr.su.se
Mon Dec 17 17:45:21 CET 2012

Hi,

That unfortunately tell exactly about the reason why mdrun is stuck. Can
you reproduce the issue on another machines or with different launch
configurations? At which step does it get stuck (-stepout 1 can help)?

Please try the following:
- try running on a single GPU;
- try running on CPUs only (-nb cpu and to match closer the GPU setup with
-ntomp 12);
- try running in GPU emulation mode with the GMX_EMULATE_GPU=1 env. var
set (and to match closer the GPU setup with -ntomp 12)
- provide a backtrace (using gdb).

Cheers,

--
Szilárd