[gmx-users] error "No such moleculetype W"

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Dec 17 17:40:26 CET 2012

On 12/17/12 11:38 AM, Kieu Thu Nguyen wrote:
> Thank Justin ! I found my mistake. But when i type the next command line
>
>   genion -s ions.tpr -o system_solv_ions.gro -p topol.top -pname NA -nname
> CL -nn 4
>
> and choose group 0 (system), the error is
>
> Fatal error:
> No line with moleculetype 'System' found the [ molecules ] section of file
> 'topol.top'
>
> the section [molecules] in my tolpol.top file is
>
> [ molecules ]
> ; Compound        #mols
> Protein                1
> DPPC                126
> SOL                  15628
>
> Should i add "System" into topol.top file ?

Absolutely not.  Read what genion does - it replaces solvent molecules with
ions.  If you choose System (which you can't, because that's a group, not a
[moleculetype]) you'll start haphazardly replacing random molecules with ions.
Definitely not what you want.

Research Scientist
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080