[gmx-users] Pre-equilibrated CHARMM lipid bilayers

pcl pcl at uab.edu
Thu Dec 20 09:13:53 CET 2012

Well what works for me is I convert cgenff and merge it with charmm36 (you only have to do this once per cgenff version), then I have paramchem generate cgenff charges for the ligand. Then I convert the output of paramchem (charges) to .rtp format. I also have to create .hdb entries. Paramchem may also generate additional cgenff atom interactions (dihedrals or impropers) that may not exist by default, I usually convert and add those to forcefield's .itp files. Then pdb2gmx will work on the ligand pdb.