[gmx-users] Rerun same trajectory - Pulling

Steven Neumann s.neumann08 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 14:41:27 CET 2012

Thank you Justin.
It is weird I cannot reproduce it with the same mdp:

title       = Umbrella pulling simulation
define      = -DPOSRES_T
; Run parameters
integrator  = md
dt          = 0.002
tinit       = 0
nsteps      = 150000    ; 0.3 ns
nstcomm     = 10
; Output parameters
nstxout     = 0
nstvout     = 0
nstxtcout   = 100       ; every 1 ps 1500 frames
nstenergy   = 500
; Bond parameters
constraint_algorithm    = lincs
constraints             = all-bonds
continuation            = yes       ; continuing from NPT
; Single-range cutoff scheme
nstlist     = 5
ns_type     = grid
rlist       = 1.4
rcoulomb    = 1.4
rvdw        = 1.2
vdwtype     = Switch
rvdw-switch = 1.0
; PME electrostatics parameters
coulombtype     = PME
fourierspacing  = 0.12
fourier_nx      = 0
fourier_ny      = 0
fourier_nz      = 0
pme_order       = 4
ewald_rtol      = 1e-5
optimize_fft    = yes
; Temperature coupling is on
tcoupl      = V-rescale                     ; modified Berendsen thermostat
tc_grps     = Protein LIG_Water_and_ions   ; two coupling groups - more accurate
tau_t       = 0.1   0.1                     ; time constant, in ps
ref_t       = 298   298                     ; reference temperature,
one for each group, in K
; Pressure coupling is on
Pcoupl          = Parrinello-Rahman
pcoupltype      = isotropic
tau_p           = 2.0
compressibility = 4.5e-5
ref_p           = 1.0
; Generate velocities is off
gen_vel     = no
; Periodic boundary conditions are on in all directions
pbc     = xyz
; Long-range dispersion correction
DispCorr    = EnerPres
; Pull code
pull            = umbrella
pull_geometry   = distance  ; simple distance increase
pull_dim        = N N Y
pull_start      = yes       ; define initial COM distance > 0
pull_ngroups    = 1
pull_group0     = GLU
pull_group1     = LIG
pull_rate1      = 0.01      ; 0.001 nm per ps = 1 nm per ns
pull_k1         = 2000      ; kJ mol^-1 nm^-2

Using:

grompp -f pull3nmSnew.mdp -c npt298.gro -p topol.top -n index.ndx -t
npt298.cpt -o pullS_2new.tpr

As I take velocities from npt it should be reproducible but profiles
force vs time looks similar with breaking point at different time.

Can I edit somehow tpr file and change the frequency of frames only?
Otherwise I have to run pulling again and US windows from scratch...
quite time consuming.

Steven