[gmx-users] protein membrane system

Shima Arasteh shima_arasteh2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 25 18:53:04 CET 2012

In order to compare the first and the second .gro file, I used grep -c OW (file.gro) to see how many waters exist in my new system. I got 22352, however I got 23703 before ( when I had not deleted the disturbing water molecules). So 23703-22352=1351 molecules.
Also I compared the atom noumbers in two .gro files( .gro files : before and after deleteing disturbing water molecules):
Before: 103723
After: 99625
Then 103723-99652=4071 divided by 3 gets: 1357 molecules.
There is a difference between 2 answer. 6 molecules! What's wrong? I am sure that I have just deleted water molecules by VMD.
Any body helps me  please?

I would appreciate you.

Sincerely
Shima