[gmx-users] GMXRC execution problem on centos

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Dec 29 16:22:56 CET 2012

The only way I can reproduce the error is by incorrectly executing GMXRC.  If
one tries:

source /usr/local/gromacs/bin/GMXRC

it works just fine.  If, from /usr/local/gromacs/bin, you directly run:

./GMXRC

you get the errors you quote below.  The error indicates that you are not
correctly sourcing the script ("can only `return' from a function or sourced
script").

-Justin

On 12/29/12 9:17 AM, Ayush Singhal wrote:

> After installing Gromacs i sourced the GMXRC as mentioned in installation guide:
>
> source /usr/local/gromacs/bin/GMXRC
>
> But executing the command GMXRC in shell i get below error:

> Please can you suggest some legible solution for the same.....???
>

> Thanking You...
>
> ---Ayush

Research Scientist
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080