[gmx-users] PMF Transmembrane proteins

Nash, Anthony Anthony.Nash at warwick.ac.uk
Sun Dec 30 21:45:37 CET 2012

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the help. The block analysis has done wonders! I had been interested in seeing how the PMF graphs converged, i.e., 0-1ns, 0-2ns, 0-3ns. Of course this always includes the earliest time steps. Long story short, by cutting off the first 10ns so I am only sampling 10ns-40ns, the free energy curves are very different.

Regions where the peptides are close together are not that different. But between 3nm and 7.5nm the curves plateau with a lot less energy difference between the like-with-like system. I will run bootstrap analysis, get out the error, see how that goes.

Oddly enough the curve is not as smooth now, even though there is ample histogram coverage. I may push the simulations for longer.

Thanks, I think this is now moving forwards again.

Anthony