[gmx-users] problem with make_ndx

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Feb 1 12:34:20 CET 2012

Anushree Tripathi wrote:
> But in coordinate file(.pdb file) ,I am not getting the atoms which
> belongs to DPPC.only I have included the name of dppc.itp file like this:

This is precisely the problem - you have no DPPC in the coordinate file.

> ;Include DPPC chain topology
> #include "dppc.itp"

Adding information to the topology has no effect on the coordinate file.

Consult the membrane protein tutorial for how to properly build such a system.

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Tutorials#Membrane_Simulations

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate