[gmx-users] Orders of the residues in gromacs

Joaquim Rui de Castro Rodrigues joaquim.rodrigues at ipleiria.pt
Fri Feb 3 12:28:15 CET 2012

Hi,

You are probably mixing "resid" and "residue". In VMD,
 - "resid" is taken as found in the file (pdb, gro, etc). You may have several residues with the same "resid" if you load a file with multiple chains.
 - "residue" is generated internally by VMD, it is incremented by one unit for each residue, even if there are gaps in the sequence, it always starts at 0 and is granted to be unique for each residue.

Cheers,
Rui Rodrigues