[gmx-users] problem with nvt equilibration

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Mon Feb 6 13:18:42 CET 2012

On 6/02/2012 11:09 PM, Anushree Tripathi wrote:
> Will you please send me the basic tutorial in which I can find how to
> use -n option in " grompp -f nvt.mdp -c em.gro -p topol.top -o
> nvt.tpr" command.

All the tutorials provide examples of using the general syntax

command -x value -y file.ext

for various values of command, x, value, y and file.ext. These allow you
to provide the command with the input to work on and the instructions
for how to act. The option (x and y) provides a label for the values, so
that you and the command both know what is input, or output, etc.
command -h provides a list of all the options, and indicates the kind of
data they might wish to have supplied with them.

You seem to be trying to do a membrane simulation. Likely any membrane
simulation will have to deal with the issue of temperature coupling and
the lipid group. You should complete any such tutorials you can find and
understand them fully.

Mark