[gmx-users] Npt equilibration of the membrane-mimicking CCl4 layer

Thomas Schlesier schlesi at uni-mainz.de
Tue Feb 14 14:24:05 CET 2012

I assume that you energy minimisd the system, but still have atomic clashes?

One thing which helped me in a similar case, was a short simulation at
low temperature with a really small timestep (about 3-5 magnitudes
smaller than the normal timestep). With this the atoms which clashes
move away from each other, but due to the very small timestep, they are
not fast as rockets and shouldn't lead to an exploding system.
Then when most clashes are resolved you can continue with a normal
equilibration.

Greetings
Thomas

 >It seems that I've fixed that problem by reduce vdv radii for Cl during
 >defining of my box
 >
 >Eventually I've obtained box with the desired density
 > than I've delete vdvradii.dat for my wor dir
 >
 >by when I've launched equilibration I've oibtained
 >
 >Fatal error:
 >Too many LINCS warnings (1598)
 >If you know what you are doing you can adjust the lincs warning >threshold
 >in your mdp file
 >
 >I've never seen this before
 >
 >I'm using 1.o cutoff for pme and 1.4 for vdv
 >my LINKS parameters are
 >
 >; Bond parameters
 >continuation    = no        ; first dynamics run
 >constraint_algorithm = lincs    ; holonomic constraints
 >constraints    = all-bonds    ; all bonds (even heavy atom-H bonds)
 >constrained
 >lincs_iter    = 1        ; accuracy of LINCS
 >lincs_order    = 4        ; also related to accuracy
 >
 >How I could solve it?
 >

 >James
 >
 >2012/2/14 James Starlight <jmsstarlight at gmail.com>
 >
 > > Mark,
 > >
 > > I've checked only density value
 > >
 > > with 500 molecules Ccl4 I have  density that is twisely less that I
need (
 > > in accordance to the literature ). Also I've checked my box
visually and
 > > found that the box is not properly tightly packed so I dont know
why genbox
 > > didnt add some extra mollecules :(
 > >
 > > In other words I wounder to know if  there is any way to add some extra
 > > molecules to the pre defined box to make my system more tighly
packed  ( to
 > > short distance between existing molecules and place new ones in the new
 > > space ) ?
 > >
 > > James

Either