[gmx-users] BornSum: cudaMalloc in CUDAStream::Allocate failed out of memory

Adam Jion adamjion at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 15 15:50:16 CET 2012

Hi!

I'm trying to run a mdrun-gpu simulation on a 64-bit Ubuntu system.

I'm using a 15GB GTX 580 NVIDIA GPU card with all the appropriate drivers and cuda toolkit.
However, when I run the command:

mdrun-gpu -s inpufile.tpr -c inputfile.gro -x outputfile.xtc -g outputfile.log -nice - 0

I get the following error message:

BornSum: cudaMalloc in CUDAStream::Allocate failed out of memory

What is the problem? Is my 15GB GPU card insufficient for my 138596 atom system?

Appreciate any help,
Adam