[gmx-users] double and single precision

Edvin Erdtman Edvin.Erdtman at hb.se
Mon Feb 20 09:19:22 CET 2012

Hi

I have been running GMX in double precision and by mistake an extension
of a run in single precision was written to the same files.

When I run for example gmxcheck or g_energy I get the following error
after the program has scanned through the double part:

Fatal error:
Energy header magic number mismatch, this is not a GROMACS edr file
If you want to use the correct frames before the corrupted frame and
avoid this fatal error set the env.var. GMX_ENX_NO_FATAL
For more information and tips for troubleshooting, please check the
GROMACS
Can I do something to divide the file into a double and a single part?

/Edvin

Dr. Edvin Erdtman
Instutitionen Ingenjörshögskolan
501 90 BORÅS