[gmx-users] Adding new residue to the the force field

ramesh cheerla rameshgromacs at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 20:02:01 CET 2012

Dear gromacs users,

                               I am adding a new residue to the existing
force field in gromacs for that i am using some new atom types i added
these atom types to the atomtypes.atp  file  and ffnonbonded.itp and  I am
using Buckingham potential for the non-bonded interactions for that i have
only A,B&C values, but in the [atomtype] directive of the ffnonbonded.itp
file one has to specify the  sigma and epsilon values. How can i get these
values ? or can i specify these values as zeros ?
Any help will be highly appreciated

Thank you

Regards,
Ramesh