[gmx-users] what restraint can I use to prevent membrane diffusion along the Z-axis?

Jose Borreguero borreguero at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 00:26:36 CET 2012

Dear GROMACS users,

While simulating a DLPC membrane, I noticed that it tends to diffuse along
the normal (Z-axis) component. Is there a 'standard' restrain that is used
to prevent such diffusion?
The first option I thought was to restrain the  center of mass of the whole
membrane along the Z-axis, but I don't know what is a reasonable value for
the force constant.
If anyone has any experience dealing with this kind of problem, please do
reply.

Best regards,
Jose M. Borreguero