[gmx-users] Distance Restraints on Protein - possible at all?

NG HUI WEN HuiWen.Ng at nottingham.edu.my
Thu Feb 23 04:17:04 CET 2012

Dear Mark,

Thanks for contributing your ideas and suggestions, really appreciate it.

The reason I am playing with distance restraints on my protein is because I am interested to see the effects of equilibrating a protein in membrane using the two different restraint methods i.e. distance vs. position.

Yes, without distance restraint (i.e. removing disre = simple in the mdp) will allow the simulation to run to completion very smoothly.

I will give Berendsen pressure coupling a shot and see how it goes. However, prior to applying distance restraint on my protein, I have ran 5ns of position restraint simulation (with P-R coupling) and there weren't any complaints/problems.

Many thanks again for your help.

Cheers,
Huiwen