[gmx-users] Re: Determining energies between a solute and solvent

Fabian Casteblanco fabian.casteblanco at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 20:41:39 CET 2012

Thanks.   So before I run the simulation, I must use energygrps (for
example:  energygrps: Protein SOL) in my md.mdp file so that it knows
to write down specific interactions between the two groups.   Will
then it simply appear when I later run g_energy?

-Fabian

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Short-range nonbonded interactions can be decomposed using proper energygrps in
the .mdp file.

Perhaps, but g_enemat also requires that energygrps are specified when running
the simulation.  Otherwise, the applicable terms in the .edr file are not
decomposed.

-Justin

--
Best regards,