[gmx-users] Implicit solvent - Gromacs 4.5.4

Steven Neumann s.neumann08 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 17:56:38 CET 2012

 I run energy minimization of my protein with implicit solvent:

>  constraints = none
>
> integrator = steep
>
> dt = 0.001 ; ps
>
> nsteps = 30000
>
> vdwtype = cut-off
>
> coulombtype = cut-off
>
> pbc = no
>
> nstlist = 0
>
> ns_type = simple
>
> rlist = 0 ; this means all-vs-all (no cut-off),
>
> which gets expensive for bigger systems
>
> rcoulomb = 0
>
> rvdw = 0
>
> comm-mode = angular
>
> comm-grps = Protein
>
> optimize_fft = yes
>
> ;
>
> ; Energy minimizing stuff
>
> ;
>
> emtol = 5.0
>
> emstep = 0.01
>
> ;
>
> ; Implicit solvent
>
> ;
>
> implicit_solvent = GBSA
>
> gb_algorithm = OBC
>
> nstgbradii = 1
>
> rgbradii = 0 ; [nm] Cut-off for the calculation of the
>
> Born radii. Currently must be equal to rlist
>
> gb_epsilon_solvent = 80 ; Dielectric constant for the implicit solvent
>
> ; gb_saltconc = 0 ; Salt concentration for implicit solvent
>
> models, currently not used
>
> sa_algorithm = Ace-approximation
>
> sa_surface_tension = 2.25936

And I obtained:

Steepest Descents:

Tolerance (Fmax) = 1.00000e+03

Number of steps = 30000

Step Time Lambda

0 0.00000 0.00000

 Steepest Descents converged to Fmax < 1000 in 1 steps

Potential Energy = inf

Maximum force = 0.0000000e+00 on atom 0

Norm of force = nan

Can you please explain?