[gmx-users] pdb files using hex resid

Peter C. Lai pcl at uab.edu
Wed Jan 4 04:59:26 CET 2012

On 2012-01-04 02:54:28PM +1100, Mark Abraham wrote:
> On 4/01/2012 2:19 PM, Peter C. Lai wrote:

> >> Correct, it doesn't.

> >> Yes, you just make the path with your installed VMD libraries available
> >> in the linking path, just like with FFTW or whatever.

> >> Yes. It's enabled by default, but there is no attempt to check that a
> >> VMD installation exists.

> >> No. DLPOLY is a MDS program, IIRC.
> > No dlopen.so in the molfile plugin lib directory.
> > Perhaps things have changed between VMD 1.8 and 1.9
>
> Sorry, dlopen is the mechanism that allows the executing code to see if
> a dynamic link library contains a function that delivers the required
> functionality. So it's just a matter of having the VMD stuff in the
> dynamic linking path.

Well I added -I/usr/local/vmd/plugins/include to CPPFLAGS and
-L/usr/local/vmd/plugins/FREEBSDAMD64/molfile to LDFLAGS and the recompiled
editconf is still uable to properly parse the vmd-style pdb

Oh well

Peter C. Lai			| University of Alabama-Birmingham
Programmer/Analyst		| KAUL 752A
Genetics, Div. of Research	| 705 South 20th Street
pcl at uab.edu			| Birmingham AL 35294-4461
(205) 690-0808			|