[gmx-users] RDF(PMF) and Umbrella sampling

Thomas Schlesier schlesi at uni-mainz.de
Tue Jan 10 12:20:41 CET 2012

I think that for the histogram all contribution with a negative sign
would be add to the contributions from positive distances. If your
distribution is be a perfect gaussian with zero mean, you would end up
with half a gaussian with double high (for positive distances) and zero
for negative distances. For this case it would be easy to correct the
histogram. But if the histogram isn't a perfect gaussian, you couldn't
say anything.