Fw: [gmx-users] trjconv in martini

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 11:42:38 CET 2012

Hi Sara,

You have to understand what is happening. You don't have a static
system. Using -pbc nojump, in combination with xtcrev.py may help you
get a view in which the molecules seem to settle on a specific view or
clustering of your systems, in which you have the micelles. But they
will be dispersed before, and maybe after. If you use -pbc cluster,
the same thing will happen. trjconv will try to form clusters for
every frame, but in some frames there are no clear cut clusters.
Usually you can't have it all, and usually you will have to try
several things. First of all, you have to think of the goal. Is it for
visualization, or is it for further analysis. The needs for these two
are usually different.

Cheers,

Tsjerk