Re: [gmx-users] Problem in Disulfide Bond between different chain!

Suman Nandy nandy.suman at rediffmail.com
Wed Jan 11 12:40:59 CET 2012

use -chainsep interactive option in pdb2gmx.

Suman

On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 16:42:12 +0530  wrote
>Dear all:
I want to do a simulation using a dimer, but the system is connected by 2
disulfide bonds between A-chain and B-chain. I have produced topology file for protein with pdb2gmx using AMBER99SB forcefield. In order to bond disulfide bonds I using flag -ss. If I do not delete the TER line between A-chain and B-chain in .pdb file, the program pdb2gmx can not recognize the disulfide bonds between A-chain and B-chain. But if I delete the TER line, I get the two bonds successfully. There would be another problem, the C-terminal of A-chain and the N-terminal will be bonded in the .top file. How should I do?
I am using gromacs 4.5.4!
Sincerely yours,
Xianwei Wang

Please search the archive at http://www.gromacs.org/Support/Mailing_Lists/Search before posting!