[gmx-users] Ligand-ligand Tutorial

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Jan 14 18:15:02 CET 2012

Hovakim Grabski wrote:
> Hi,
> Anyone know any ligand- ligand tutorial?

If there is no receptor, then there is no ligand ;)

> I've been trying to set up a taurine  simulation with
> lysophosphatidylcholines (LPC) with no success.

Without a description of what you've tried, what hasn't worked, etc then there's
not much anyone can suggest.  If you've simply got two small molecules you want
to simulate together:

1. Obtain topologies for both species and construct a .top that calls a force
field and the small molecule topologies
2. Set up the coordinate file such that the two species are arranged how you'd
like them in a single box (done with editconf)
3. Solvate and proceed as you would any other simulated system

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee