[gmx-users] Monte Carlo with Gromacs and implicit solvent

Gianluca Interlandi gianluca at u.washington.edu
Tue Jan 24 02:39:43 CET 2012

Hi!

I would like to use gromacs to perform Monte Carlo simulations in implicit
solvent of a protein near a surface. The protein is treated as a rigid
body whereas the surface is fix.

I see that there are plans to code MC into gromacs:

http://www.gromacs.org/Developer_Zone/Programming_Guide/Monte_Carlo

Is there a preliminary version?

If not, I wonder whether anybody has tried to do MC with gromacs using IMD
and MDDriver:

http://www.baaden.ibpc.fr/projects/mddriver/

Besides this. Is there an easy way to obtain the force field energy of a
system using gromacs? Would I have to run a 0-steps MD and read out the
energy? I know that this would have a big overhead in a MC simulation, but
it might be worth trying.

Thanks,

      Gianluca

Gianluca Interlandi, PhD gianluca at u.washington.edu
                     +1 (206) 685 4435
                     http://artemide.bioeng.washington.edu/

Postdoc at the Department of Bioengineering