[gmx-users] System Exploding

Alex Seling selingal at msu.edu
Thu Jan 26 07:10:14 CET 2012

Hello,

After upgrading to gromacs 4.5.5, the old .mdp file that was working is now
giving me errors. Specifically, I'm getting
"This usually means your system is exploding,
if not, you should increase table-extension in your mdp file
or with user tables increase the table size"
for a few interactions, with each of them approaching inf.

This is with a good starting configuration. Any ideas as to the error? My
.mdp file is below.

Thanks,
Alex Seling

title = lea at 300K
cpp = /lib/cpp -traditional
integrator = md ;sd ;md ;bd
tinit = 0.0
dt = 0.001 ;time step of 1 fs
nsteps = 238000000 ;1 us @ 1fs
nstxout = 200000 ; frequency to write coordinates to output trajectory file
= 1ns
nstxtcout = 200000 ; frequency to write coordinates to xtc trajectory = 1 ns
nstvout = 0
nstfout = 0
nstlog = 200000 ; frequency to write energies to log file = 1 ns
nstenergy = 200000 ; frequency to write energies to energy file = 1ns
energygrps = system
comm_mode = angular
nstcomm = 40
nstlist = 100
nstype = simple
pbc = no
rlist = 100
rgbradii = 100
coulombtype = cut-off
epsilon_r = 1 ; double check this is what we want
rcoulomb = 100
vdwtype = cut-off
rvdw = 100
tc-grps = system