[gmx-users] Gromacs on GPU

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Jan 28 21:05:01 CET 2012

Benjamin Hall wrote:
> Justin A. Lemkul wrote:
>>
>> We get junk output with 4.5.4 if the box size is set to zero, for some
>> odd
>> reason, though in principle it should be ignored with "pbc = no" in
>> the .mdp
>> file.  Using any non-zero box results in usable results.  Our OpenMM
>> version is
>> the same, but Cuda is in the 3.x series (can't remember off the top of
>> my head,
>> sorry).
>>

> I've tried setting the box size in the gro file but that doesn't seem to
> work (100x100x100nm). Which compiler did you use? I realise that this is
> an unlikely source of trouble but it's another variable to eliminate in
> testing.

Ours is gcc-4.4.6 on a local machine using Cuda 3.2.  On our university's GPU
cluster, the installation was done with gcc-4.3.4 and Cuda 3.1.  I have not
tested Cuda 4.0, though it has recently become available to us so it might be
worth a shot to see if this is another issue.

-Justin

> I'll update issue 568 on redmine, which has been closed but appears to
> be this problem.
>
> Thanks & best wishes
>
> Ben
>

> --
> Dr Benjamin A Hall
> Centre for Computational Science, Department of Chemistry, UCL
> benjamin.a.hall at ucl.ac.uk <mailto:benjamin.a.hall at ucl.ac.uk>

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar