[gmx-users] Error in grompp steps of position restrained

Malai winterhot82 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 04:53:11 CEST 2012

Dear MARK,

> Dear Mark,
>
> Thanks for mail. you mean I need to define in mdp file?.
>

> No. Using one of the two ways I suggested earlier depend what you're
> actually trying to do, but since your intention in using the CA group is
> unknown to us, you're preventing yourself getting specific help.

The error is CA index file. So my intention is to use CA group and avoid
the error. please suggest me how to use grompp or make CA index file for
grompp in position restrained step.

>  Can you please guide me how to do that. Thanks.
>

> http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/File_Formats/Index_File

so i need to make index files for CA atoms of protein using make_ndx for
CA. can you please explain how to make index file for CA using make_ndx.

Thanks for help.