[gmx-users] Rhamnose on 53a6

Marc Gordon marcgrdn55 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 10:11:12 CEST 2012

Hello again fellow gromacs users.

I am looking to model a glucose-rhamnose disaccharide using the 53a6
forcefield. I wanted to take a look at the naming conventions for
carbohydrates but I'm battling to find anything in the pdb2gmx force field
files.

I downloaded a package of force fields from the GROMOS website to get an
idea about naming conventions for carbohydrates and couldn't see any
mention of rhamnose anywhere. (allose, altrose, glucose, mannose, gulose,
idose, galactose and talose are mentioned but no rhamnose).

Does anyone have any information on naming conventions for rhamnose or
whether or not rhamnose was ever present in this force field?

Regards
Marc