[gmx-users] analysing of the long trajectories

James Starlight jmsstarlight at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 09:29:17 CEST 2012

Mark,

Thanks for advise.

As I've found in that link the main way to reduce dimension of the output
data is the ussage of appropriate nst* params in the mdp file, exclusion of
the solvent from output and finally ussing compres trajectories.

Could you tell me what are the most suitable size for the nst* params for
the typical similation in water ( 50-250 ns) where I want to observe both
large-scale protein dynamics as well locale flexibility of the individual
side chain and solvent molecules ? Typically I've used 5000 for evert nst*
params but that produce relatively big trajetories even in the xtc format

James