[gmx-users] Press Equilibration

rama david ramadavidgroup at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 13:10:37 CEST 2012

Hi Gromacs Friends,

I did NPT for 100 ps with folowing parameter

; Temperature coupling is on
tcoupl        = V-rescale    ; modified Berendsen thermostat
tc-grps        = Protein Non-Protein    ; two coupling groups - more
accurate
tau_t        = 0.1    0.1    ; time constant, in ps
ref_t        = 310     310    ; reference temperature, one for each group,
in K
; Pressure coupling is on
pcoupl        = Parrinello-Rahman    ; Pressure coupling on in NPT
pcoupltype    = isotropic    ; uniform scaling of box vectors
tau_p        = 2.0        ; time constant, in ps
ref_p        = 1.0        ; reference pressure, in bar

I got foolowing result by using g_energy

Energy                      Average   Err.Est.       RMSD  Tot-Drift
Pressure                   -3.99675       0.66    518.604   -2.89716  (bar)

Is it is right??
Is the system is equilibrated or I need to give more time ?????