[gmx-users] Insertion protein in the membrane via G_membed

James Starlight jmsstarlight at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 09:36:31 CEST 2012

Mark,

I've used commands provided in the G_membed manual

   g membed -f input.tpr -p merged.top -xyinit 0.1 -xyend 1.0 -nxy 1000

or

   g membed -f input.tpr -p merged.top -xyinit 0.1 -xyend 1.0 -nxy 1000
-zinit 1.1 -zend 1.0 -nz 100

In both cases I've obtained the same message

There are 122 lipids in the membrane part that overlaps the protein.
The area per lipid is 0.5002 nm^2.
Maximum number of lipids that will be removed is 45.

and eventually only 10 lipids were removed. Also I've tried to do this on
another pope bilayer (consisted of bigger lipids with properly equilirated
) but I've obtained exactly the same results.

James