[gmx-users] analysing of the long trajectories

James Starlight jmsstarlight at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 07:50:08 CEST 2012

Hi Tsjerk !

I my case I want to compare large-scale dynamics with more local events
like fluctuation of the individual side chains so I suppose that I need
larger number of frames. But how exactly I could define this number for my
100ns trajectory? Commoly I've used 5000 value for all nst* options in MDP
file but that produce trajectories with ~ 10.000 frames for 100ns. If I
increase this values  from 5000 to 10000 could I see dynamics on the level
of the individual side-chains ? ( e.g occurence of salt-bridges or rotamer
isomerisation of the polar side chains during my 100ns trajectory ).

James