[gmx-users] protein near the edges of simulation box

Erik Marklund erikm at xray.bmc.uu.se
Fri Jun 15 11:35:13 CEST 2012

Hi,

All molecules diffuse. As such, proteins are expected to move about. Preventing them form doing so is essentially non physical, so you'd need a good and thought-through reason for doing so.

Erik

15 jun 2012 kl. 10.27 skrev Shima Arasteh:

> Thanks.
> I read that it doesn't matter if the protein moves and even protrudes the box. It's OK, but there is a question here; why doesn't the box move rather than the protein?
> Is it possible for box to be defined every step?, then the protein would stay in the center of the box.
>
> Sincerely,
> Shima

Erik Marklund, PhD
Husargatan 3, Box 596,    75124 Uppsala, Sweden
phone:    +46 18 471 6688        fax: +46 18 511 755
erikm at xray.bmc.uu.se
http://www2.icm.uu.se/molbio/elflab/index.html