[gmx-users] simulating dimer proteins

delara aghaie d_aghaie at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 16 13:33:25 CEST 2012

Dear Justin
Hello :)
Thanks for your response.

You have mentioned that "Position restraints are applied per [moleculetype], as indicated
in the topology".

In my topol.top file there are two .itp files included for the two protein chains. I opened the following file:topol_Protein_chain_A.itp
Here I have :
---------------

[ moleculetype ]
; Name            nrexcl
Protein_chain_A     3
---------------
1)))))) The molecultype has not mentioned explicitly protein as it is required by tc_grps (Protein non-Protein). Does gromacs recognizes (Protein_chain_A) as protein and so gives special thermostat to it????
=====================================
for the 1RFB protein having two chains, I did energy minimization and then NVT simulation for 200 ps and then used g_energy command to plot temperature.
using this command line:
g_energy -f nvt.mdp -o temp.xvg    and then select 15   0   for temperature::::

Then it gives me temp.xvg output, but some warning are written on the screen. You can see them below:

------Energy                      Average   Err.Est.       RMSD  Tot-Drift
Temperature                 309.834       0.17    3.51504   0.945045  (K)

You may want to use the -driftcorr flag in order to correct
for spurious drift in the graphs. Note that this is not
a substitute for proper equilibration and sampling!

2----((what is the reason for spurious drist and is it necessary to be corrected?))

WARNING: nmol = 1, this may not be what you want.
(I do not understand this warning)

Temperature dependent fluctuation properties at T = 309.834.

Heat capacities obtained from fluctuations do *not* include
quantum corrections. If you want to get a more accurate estimate
please use the g_dos program.
3-----(It has mentioned that this program needs alot of memory. Is it really necessary to do this?)

WARNING: Please verify that your simulations are converged and perform
a block-averaging error analysis (not implemented in g_energy yet)

4------(What should I do for this warning)???

5----Although the two chains of my protein are identical, does it make trouble to have two separate .itp files for them? pdb2gmx with the option (chainsep) has given these two .itp files to me.

Thanks alot for your valuable time....
Regards