[gmx-users] Trjconv error

Shima Arasteh shima_arasteh2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 19 10:41:46 CEST 2012

Actually, I loaded the trajectory of md-run and saw the bonds stretching and behaves strangely . So, as Justin suggested, I decided to do as the work-flow of PBC. So I entered the commands as below:

 1.      First make your molecules whole if you want them whole

        trjconv -f md.trr -s md.tpr -pbc whole -ur compact -o mdwhole.xtc

2.      Cluster your molecules/particles if you want them clustered

3.      Extract the first frame from the trajectory as reference for removing jumps if you want to remove jumps.

    trjconv -f mdwhole.xtc -s md.tpr -dump 0 -o 1stframe.pdb

4.      Remove jumps if you want to have them removed using the first frame

        trjconv -f mdwhole.xtc -s 1stframe.pdb -pbc nojump -o mdwholeNOjump.xtc

5.      Center your system using some criterion. Doing so shifts the system, so don't use |trjconv -|pbc| nojump| after this step.

    trjconv -f mdwholeNOjump.xtc -center -o mdwholeNOjumpCENTER.xtc

6.      Put everything in some box.

        trjconv -f mdwholeNOjumpCENTER.xtc -box 6 6 6 -o mdwholeNOjumpCENTERbox.xtc

 7.      Fit if desired and don't use any PBC related option afterwards.

        trjconv -f mdwholeNOjumpCENTERbox.xtc -s 1stframe.pdb -fit rot+trans -o mdfinal.xtc

Now I want to know if it is correct to load the final .xtc on the first frame to get a acceptable result? My main propose is to avoid the strange behavior of bonds. I'd like to know if I have done correctly?
However I need to say that I saw the final .xtc loaded on the first frame .pdb and got the normal movie.

Sincerely,
Shima