Fw: [gmx-users] segmentation fault-g_spatial

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Jun 19 15:39:29 CEST 2012

On 6/19/12 9:34 AM, delara aghaie wrote:

> [...]

According to g_spatial -h:

"BUGS:
When the allocated memory is not large enough, a segmentation fault may
occur. This is usually detected and the program is halted prior to the fault
while displaying a warning message suggesting the use of the -nab (Number of
Additional Bins) option. However, the program does not detect all such
events. If you encounter a segmentation fault, run it again with an increased
-nab value."

> 2) I have changed this -nab value from 4 to 6,8,10,.....40
> but again I get something like the mentioned message or the segmentation fault.
>
> What should I do to fix it and is it a limiting value for nab option?

Maybe try an even larger value.  But since it is a known bug, it may simply be
that the program needs to be fixed or re-written to work more effectively.

> 3) Also please let me know, is it possible to calculate SDF of water molecules
> around a specific residue by creating and index group which contains that residue?

Yes, it should be.  Try it and see.

Research Scientist
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080