[gmx-users] Re: Regarding pdb file of a polymer

sreeta.g sreetasai at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 22:49:19 CEST 2012

Hi Justin
Thank you for the reply. However, PRODRG is used to generate topologies
from simple pdb files. I am clear on how to create the pdb files for
polymers in general (The entire long chain, with as many molecules as
required, using MS modelling.) My question, however is about how to arrive
at the pdb file. The pdb file that is described in the earlier procedure
has groups EthB, Eth, EthE and I am surprised because these groups are
neighboring groups in the pdb file mentioned, which is not intuitive. I am
interested in knowing how to create the pdb file using the beginning middle
and ending groups as described in the tutorial (rather than the entire
length of chain).
Thank you
Sreeta

--